Latest News 2022

.....2022…...Rommie Rescue! Dogs needing Urgent Foster!..

30 January, 2020

REMEMBERING DOMINO

So today it has been a whole year I have spent without my gorgeous and clever boy Domino. I cant quite believe he has been gone that long and still doesn't seem real. I would give almost anything still to have him back with me and the pain is still in my heart. Domino was truly a unique and wonderful companion and he gave me such joy although his time was sadly cut short and he went far to suddenly and soon. I know many people sent me photos after he died and I didn't store any of them as felt too painful at the time, so am going to make a REMEMBERING DOMINO group and I will ask people to add them again and hopefully they will. Things have moved on here and little Jack from China and Olive from Thailand have joined us but there is one big special compartment in my heart that no one else can fill, that is always for you Dom, I love you




DOMINO'S TALE
So yesterday I said goodbye to my beautiful, funny, sometimes grumpy but so so clever adorable boy Domino. He was an accidental adoption as having three dogs at the time I certainly wasn't planning on adopting another but, hey you never know what life will bring. It was a snowy day he was delivered to me by Jay Peck after being on the run for four days in Darlington, having just arrived at his new home from Thailand. He had had a chequered life up to that point, thrown out by his family in Thailand at six months for being a dog and a terrier and killing a duck. Then caught up in the floods in Bangkok in 2011 and being rescued from dog island bridge along with 200 other dogs who were stranded there. Cindy Amey who was helping with the rescue at that time said he was the last dog on the bridge as he was so frightened and they couldn't catch him. He was then taken to an NGO along with the other dogs and returned to his place when the water subsided but a lady called Charlotte Amon couldn't get him out of her mind and asked for Soi Dog to go back and bring him to the shelter till he could be found a home in the UK. Life at the shelter did not suit Domino, although he made some great human friends Debra Tuckett and Neil Smith and in particular Chris Robinson he was not happy and spent his days on the Sala's trying to make himself invisible from the many dogs there, I wont forget him shaking when I visited which was very upsetting. THEN he got a home offer in the UK and we all thought it was the answer to his and our dreams but unfortunately after two days the lady lost him in the middle of winter in the North of England. It was a traumatic four days but eventually and after a lot of work by a lot of people he was caught and the charity asked me to foster him as he had stayed at my house for a couple of nights when he first arrived and I had met him in Thailand. Typical to Dominos seemingly love of drama he got caught up in a snow storm on the way down and had to stay at the transporters for an extra day. He arrived a shaking, timid, scared little thing that my heart went out to. He spent the first two days clawing at the blinds and crying but by the end of the week he had settled and you could see him looking around and thinking mmmm its OK here actually. My three dogs, including my bitchy one Mabel seemed to sense how frightened he was and were very welcoming and tender with him which clenched the deal really and I decided there was no way I could move him on again and the rest is history. Domino has been a joy to have for the last 7 years and I don't regret a moment of it, I love him so deeply that I cant tell you and my insides are literally crushed that he has gone and left me. I cant believe that I will never see him again and my little shadow is gone. He will never flop on top of me again and cuddle into my neck as am sleeping, he was a little limpet and had to have physical contact with you, He will never again hop on the seat next to me in the pub to share vegan nachos or sit next to me on the underground lapping up the attention of fellow tube travellers who he was always a big hit with. He will never come to another protest where he would see friends such as Rachel Barton and again lap up all the adoration he got and do his bit for animal rights, a cause he was passionate about. He will though be forever in my heart and soul and there be will not be a day for the rest of my life that I don't think of him, I hope more with smiles than the tears that I have now. I want to say a big thank you to Gemma Ashford who supported me massively through the last couple of horrendous days, as she did with Fish and a big shout out for her sanctuary in Thailand that does wonderful things and needs more support, Baan Unrak. Also to Bob Ramsey who drove up to the vets last night to offer his support and to Alex Claridge who understood I couldn't have the dog she was bringing me and arranged for him to go elsewhere and to her mum for having him. Domino has many people that cared and loved for him in his life with me Crissie Chambers my long suffering dog sitter for him andLynn-Marguerite Webb and Chloe Shaw Steve Cox and Carole Cox who I know loved him too. He made many friends in his life here and I know a lot of people are upset and the genuine grief amongst people and knowing he was really loved has truly helped. Domino, I love you love you love you. I don't know if I believe in an after life but if there is keep a cloud warm for me. Forever in my heart and soul RIP my beautiful boy.